TARGET NDA- ENTRANCE GET COACHED TO SUCCEED

Defence Academy Coimbatore A leading coaching academy for Sainik, Military and RIMC Schools, NDA, IMA, AFCAT SSB, FSB Interview http://www.ssbcoaching.com call 094437 20076

ACE THE AFCAT- Defence Academy Coimbatore Shows The Way

Enroll now in the AFCAT Written Test Coaching classes 2018!



Beginners Guide Like Arjuna aiming for the Eye of the Fish, and finally made it, our cadets of Defence Academy too made it to National Defence Academy and finally passed out of the academy on 30 May 2018. These two boys did qualify NDA written in the very first attempt and cleared SSB in the very first Attempt.
Let us have a look at their Bio data:-
Name: Cadet L. Srihari (Sainik School Bijapur Rank 01) Topper at Other State entrance in All India Sainik School Entrance exam conducted at Bijapur karnataka
Age: 20 years
Background :- From ordinary school at coimbatore, walked to school every day 4 km. being from humble back ground his father could not afford to send him for coaching for entrance Examination.
Srihari- tried to crack the India's toughest school exam Rashtriya Indian Military College- Dehredun. Due to its very high standard and no coaching, he could not make it. Restriction: Only One vacancy for Tamil nadu where about 350 boys took the entrance examination.
Failed to gain entrance in class VIII
Sainik School Class IX Entrance : Time Constraints – No Barrier; It’s the Determination which Matters! He proved it, this time the boy came to defence academy for Guidance.
His determination and hardwork produced result and ultimately joined Sainik School Bijapur
Appointed as House captain Hoysala house. school football team captain.
Qualified NDA written and cleared SSB in the very first attempt for NDA 134th Course
Sgt Cadet in 5th Term and passed out as BEST NAVAL Cadet by winning Commandant's Silver Medal
He represented NDA in National Sailing Competition, two years in a row. Captain of NDA Cadet's Sailing Team. Winner of half Blue in Sailing in his third term
Will now to joining Naval Academy- Aim to Represent INDIA and to do sailing around the world Name: Cadet Mujeeb,
birth place Hyderabad,
IQ- 124 when tested by defence academy.
Made it in the very first attempt and succeeded in capturing the only seat allotted for Andhra and entered the Prestigious Rashtriya Indian Military College Dehradun

Captain Sivaji House, topped 10 +2 in RIMC. Nick named MR. BRAIN
Topped in studies and made it to NDA 134th course in the very first attempt. Overall rank in UPSC 43 All India Rank
At NDA- he was appointed Squarden Cadet Capt and won best in Academics Silver torch holder.
Passed out in merit 23rd overall position in NDA out of 366 cadets.
Aim is to join the Air Defence Arty after passing out of IMA
Joining Indian Military Academy - Dehradun on 04 July 2018

Background + Inspirational Journey So Far:

To clear NDA one has to be smart.
Hearty congratulations from Defence Academy Coimbatore to both these candidates for their exceptional achievement! We are happy that your efforts are finally rewarded, that too in grand style!

How did you come across the idea of writing UPSC NDA Examination? Was it your childhood dream? When I was in school till 6th standard, I wanted to write civil service exam after completing my degree. I knew nothing about the work in defence forces or how to get in. though. My mother'r relatives lived at Udumalpet, near Sainik School. When I was in class VI my father took me to visit Amaravathinagar Dam, it was then I came to know about such a school that offers military training. On seeing the aircrafts showcased I started dreaming of becoming a pilot. Thus the dream started developing into an AIM. I kept pestering my father to put me into sainik school. My father was just employed and was earning Rs.5000 for month and worked as a Jr. Psychologist in a college.. Relectandly he took me to an army officer, who had retd and was offering coaching for aspirants. The journey began, I was asked to attend classes during day time, hence skipping my regular school was a must. I was warned by my principal, who thought I an average student in studies could NEVER Make it. It made me work hard, They struck my name of the attendance book. I could not make it to RIMC. My parents were worried. I stood fast, took yet another decision, colonel jayavel told me to try for Sainik School that too out of my state, where only 10 % seats were offered to out sides. no of vacancy was just 2.
My determination was either sainik school or no school. Just 100 days of deticated study and Defence Academy's Entrance exam Skill builder Guide.and GK books and I just wanted to see my photos like toppers over there. But the bad news was I was asked to take the exam at Sainik School Bijapur. I have never been out of Tamil Nadu, Colonel Jayavel, agreed to accompany my father and myself to the school. Just to keep the prestige of my Guru and to prove myself, I worked hard and when the results were declared I was elited. Once again I took a train to Bijapur that was 1258 km away from my home, a journey of 29 hours.
A short but through preparation for Sainik School interview was given by Defence Academy , and gave me confidence to face the interview.
While at school, I was told that I NDA exam and SSB Interview is tough, negative marking in written test. well after all I was an average student, a little worry, to write or not to write the NDA exam.!!

At that time, every month I sued to get a post card written by my Guru and went of encouraging me to study will and clear NDA, while in class XI all I wanted was to see my Name appearing in the school honour board and my photo in the book. However, every month I used to solve questions in NDA Guide, read papers and participate in essay, debate competition as it was any way helping me academically. My desire for entering NDA overtook and I knew that participating in other co-curricular activities is a must. I took part in Horse riding, swimming and mountaineering. science expo, and prepared like made of KYS exam.
When I wrote the NDA exam , I knew it was just one attempt and that should be the first and last. Too much of Study was making me nervous. I am a sportsman, and my grey matter was not coping with me in academics.
My school moto, AJEET IS UN BEATABLE. Yes, I faced the Exam with confidence.

Before facing the NDA SSB, I realised that I need to prepare well for Current affairs, for that was not my strong point. hence I started studying but I was not even level one when it comes to subjects of SSB Interview. I wanted to make sure that I sail through this, I took guidance from defence officers and defence academy faculty.
I put up my best, and The Almighty Helped me to get screened in and finally declared Recommended by NO 33 SSB Board Bhopal.


Here is a detailed interaction between the Faculty of Defence Academy and Cadet Srihari after he cleared the SSB Interview.

How did you feel when you came to know that you got Recommended? Can you share the moments of happiness with our readers?
To be frank, I was tense and was relieved only when I heard my chest number being called out by the Technical officer who announced the result. Only 5 of us out of 48 made it at the SSB. Defence Academy

Can you share a little bit about your background? (Family, School, College, Work etc.)
My father was youngest of 3 siblings and they were mill workers in Coimbatore a city in Tamil Nadu.
My father managed to study in Govt Arts College and graduate in Psychology and did his PG in PSG arts and Science College. He was an under officer in NCC. My mother also hails from a village near Udumalpet now in Tirupur district on Tamil nadu. She was working as a teacher in a computer centre. I was told of their struggle for food and life. My mother would always say that only when I rise up in my life and study one can gain respect in the society. Being a civilian staff in a private medical college my father coulr not afford to send me to Kendriya Vidyalaya. I used to be a medicore in class and was good in debates, essay writing, quizzes and sports. My life somehow is moulded by challenges I took.
Defence Academy : How do say that even an avarage student can make it into NDA? Can you brief us your thoughts, views, preparation and ambitions and how you prepared for NDA written exam?
When I was in 12th, I wanted to crack NDA, no matter how many hours of sleep I will forgo. I was a school appointment, that means shouldering responsibility more than other ordinary cadets. I focussed only on the immediate goal TARGET NDA. In that process, I shed away other enjoyment and hobbies too.
As a cadet, I just wanted to give one whole hearted attempt. I told my father not to get application for any college and waste money on application forms. It is for me either NDA or No more studies. A not so good decision at that time, but it made me put in my best, one thing kept ringing in my ears, my Guru said , Hari you are like my son, I could not make it into NDA, but you should fulfil my desire, besides that my selfishness to do more to this society and gain more blessings from people around me. Made me put in extra time in studies 2100 to 2330 was my NDA preparation time for 6 months, I told you I am avarage student. So to get more marks solving atleast last 10 years paper was a must for me.TO ensure success I suggest young aspirants to do the same.
Thankfully, Defence Academy
has now come out with NDA online preparation. Subscribe and carry out regular practice , you will succeed.. Remember just 40 % in all subject is more than sufficient to pass in NDA written

Defence Academy : Do you feel that the competition level of UPSC NDA Exam is on a rise? It seems that there is an increasing trend of candidates from Public Schools and colleges to attempt and clearing this exam. Is Defence Service the final destination /ambition of Indian youth, in this age of lucrative private sector jobs? : I always believe in only one competitor for me, and that’s me. I always try to beat myself in achievements. Defence service as such has limited seats so it’s obvious that all those who want it, can’t get it. But if the desire to serve has motivated someone, they should find a way to work they do. I consider that every one contributes to the growth of India, but only the defence services maintain peace and hormony in the country. I other words, work is worship. There is no need, not a bit to feel bad if someone does not make through this exam as there are innumerable ways to work for the betterment of our country.

Study Plan

:-
Defence Academy : What is the secret of your success? How did you approach this exam? What was your strategy in general (Written, and SSB Interview)?
I did test series and studied the explanations given in the answers. I used to do TARGET NDA (Defence Academy's Tips)online tests almost every day from the time enrolled and revised it many times in March. I had also got a NDA guide and read the notes many times. I did not join any other test series.


SSB Interview: I knew I would get selected for the personality test and started preparing for it the very next day of giving my NDA written test. I gave mocks at Defence Academy Coimbatore - SSB Coaching Academy Plus my father being a psychologist guide me in WAT, SRT, TAT.
There is no need to give many but I have given just because I wanted a different perspective of looking at my life in Sainik School There was nothing much for me to improve as I was always confident. But I was told to improve my content, reduce my hand movements and try to use “sir” and ” madam”. I was asked to take more assertiveness in Group task. IO did not correct me much. In Psychtest, I was told to be myself. and no false hood of any sort.
Defence Academy : How long (Years/Months) have you been preparing before you gave this attempt? Also, on an average how many hours did you put on a daily basis? How did you manage time?: I started reading from 2014 Jan onwards actual exam was 2104 September. Initially, I started to study not for the exam but to gain knowledge as I had more time in class XI and no board exam to appear. I read all old NCERT, other standard books by 2014 May. I considered it more as a casual storybook kind of studies than serious exam kind. I started preparing very seriously six months ahead of the actual exam is from class XI. Defence Academy : Were you a person who studied alone? Or a person who favoured the combined study approach? I studied alone at night. during class hours we did some combined study.Studying alone but in a systammatic and well planned schedule will help. And online testing gives practice for speed and accuracy.
Defence Academy : Did you attend any coaching institute or subscribe to mock tests for NDA? If yes, can you provide the details for each stage (Written and Interview)? How helpful were the coaching institutes? : I did not go for any extra coaching, for sainik school teachers were coaching us through out our class XI and early class XII. I did subscribe to test series. Defence Academy Online tests : For SSB, I went for jsut one mock interview and some out door task conducted by Defence Academy I can’t answer how helpful coaching centres are for written tests but yes, I did find them useful for the interview. Defence Academy :What websites (online preparation websites or government websites) will you recommend for future aspirants for UPSC preparation? Apart from Defence Academy : I referred Arihant books, and www.iqtoday. Defence Academy :What is your opinion/feedback about the TARGET NDA defence Academy website? are very appropriate for SSB Interview. I was immensely benefited by it.
Defence Academy: Did you use Social Media like Facebook, Twitter or other forums for NDA Preparation? Or did you say goodbye to the social media during preparation days? Any technology-tips (Eg: Mobile apps, Note making software etc.)?
Cadet Srihari: No way, in sainik school we are not allowed to use these. I was away from them.
However, in school libraray they allowed us to browse the net and PDF downloads.I used to take a lot of notes and keep a book and divide the book in various segments for subjects and chapters. A regular revision is something that will help as aspirant to keep the knowledge at the finger tip.
We were allowed to take online test for NDA written preparation.
Target NDA ONLINE Test

Defence Academy: What were the Newspapers and Magazines (Eg: Hindu, Times of India, etc.) you followed? How many hours did you devote to newspapers? Any tips on newspaper-reading?
Cadet Srihari:I followed The Hindu regularly. I had watched the INDIA TV Newschannel. At first glance, I used to go through headings in the newspaper and later read important things. I skipped entertainment,and business news.
Not more than 1 hour for the newspaper.

Defence Academy: Can you elaborate your daily timetable (When will you wake up, study, sleep etc. )
Cadet Srihari: I used to get up at 4 amand till 5.30 ( I would be reading /Solving old NDA Question Papers(Reffering to pdf) or making notes for GK. then prepare for Physical fitness and school Study time was strictly between 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm and then 9:00 to 10:30 and sleep at 11 pm

Defence Academy: How did you keep yourself motivated for this one-year-long exam?
Cadet Srihari: I was motivated to achieve this. I never felt low. However, there were times when I felt like do I need to do this as I was already having a career at the peak. Then, I remember my parents, and school teachers would be happy if I achieve this. Also, I remember our school moto AJEET HAI- ABEET HAI. That intense desire melts away my doubts and I realised that my decision to give this exam is right.


Defence Academy: Can you elaborate on your preparation strategies/approach and study materials and books used for Prelims Paper 1 and Paper 2? (Please mention books/materials used for each subject)
Cadet Srihari: Books/Study Materials for All subjects were : old NCERT 6-10, new NCERT 6-12,
I had prepared gist of equations and common mathematics questions a year earlier. I revised it almost every week.
English comprehension anyway was easy with regular reading of books and papers.For GK reading Newspaper and watching TV News channel is enough


Defence Academy: Any tips/pieces of advice especially for UPSC NDA Written Exam?
Cadet Srihari: Go with confidence. Attempt what you know for sure. Take care while marking. Some questions need calculated decision between 2 options, so use your mind there.

Defence Academy: What was the colour of the pen you used for writing mains (Blue Ink/ Black Ink)? Also, the company and brand name of the pen used: Blue Flair ezee click. I have used 4 pens and I still keep them as they know my struggle more than others.
For SSB Interview I used the same while in SSB Wrote a relevant introduction in PIQ. TAT, WAT and SRT wrote in points. Did not try to do “beat around the bush”. An optimistic conclusion. Finished all questions in time. Decent legible handwriting. Underlined whatever was important in the same colour pen.

In TAT, I perceive introduction and conclusion should be attractive.

Services Selection Board Interview


Can you elaborate on your approach and preparation for Interview? Did you attend any mock interviews?

  • I started working on my SSB the very next day after final NDA written exam.
  • I wrote answers to questions I could expect out of it. I was honest in whatever I wrote
  • Having confidence in my self I prepared well for any type of question about INDIAN NAVY for I had opted for Navy as my first choice.
  • I had also attend a short session at DEFENCE ACADEMY and the faculty prepared me well
  • Defence Academy:Can you elaborate a bit on the things mentioned in your PIQ (Personal Information Questionaire) like your hobbies, extracurricular activities or prizes won:

  • Hobbies: writing poems in, English and Elocution and Debate competition while at school
  • Others: Sports I used to play both Foor ball and hockey we won the Gold medal in inter sainik school sports meet in Foot ball and hockey.
  • Represented school and won the prize in Best Science Project held At Bangalore inter school science exhibition
  • Was the House captain of my House in Sainik school
  • Represented the school only two were selected and attended Basic rock-climbing course at Manali
  • Was the pilot and was a riding horse and show jump events in school annual day functions
  • Defence Academy: What was your interview dress? Which SSB board you faced? How long was the interview?
    Cadet Srihari: I attend no 33 ssb board at Bhopal and the President of the SSB Board took my interview it was around 50 minutes

    Defence Academy: Can you share with our readers your NDA SSB Interview experience? Our readers would be really happy to hear those questions and replies in the SSB Interview
    Cadet Srihari: I think the president was very impressed by my PIQ. After the formalities he asked me why I wanted to join Indian Navy in particular? When all the three services are available? Me: Sir, somehow the sea and the navy uniform has given me a deep impact, as I used to see my school principal Captain Jitandra in immaculate white uniform and the way he used to narrate his life while he served on the ship, had made my mind set to serve in the navy. More over, I like challenges, emergency and active decision making. These I am sure would be plenty in sailing. Also I have a deep desire to sail around the world.
    I have made a scrap book of the first naval officer who circumvented the globe. his experiences have touched me or were very challenging.

    President: So you are from (place)?
    Me: Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu sir,
    President Hmm (reading PIQ).. you did studies from Sainik School Bijapur. something was there in Bijapur… what’s that?
    Me: Sir, frankly speaking, it was all due to one my father;s friend, colonel jayavel, who had studied at Sainik school Bijapur and now settled at Coimbatore, While coaching me for sainik school entrance used to tell me a lot about the school, Golgumbaj, the activities in school. and asked me to apply for it. President: You are from Tamil nadu and I am sure you would have read about Cauvery dispute. Can you tell me something about it?
    Me: sir, it’s a story that begins in the 10th century with Chola kingdom investing in rainwater harvesting in the lower riparian region of Cauvery at a time when the present Karnataka was not dependent on the river. People of Tamil Nadu had been accustomed to growing three crops.. with 1924 when Mysore wanted to build Krishnaraj Sagar dam, anxiety arose in Madras presidency and a 50-year agreement was mediated by British. With independence and state reorganization, new entrants in the form of Kerala and Puducherry came into the picture and erstwhile Madras and Mysore were not existing. Karnataka had a new issue with growing agriculture and booming Bangalore. It felt that 1974 had ceased the agreement and it had no obligation to follow the agreement. Tamil Nadu wanted Cauvery water tribunal.. ( I thought my answer was going big so thought of cutting it) Now with recent allocation, there are brewing disturbances..
    President: what happened in judgement 2 months back?
    Me: sir, the supreme court awarded 14.75tmcft to Karnataka – for Bangalore 4.75tmctmf and 10 for agriculture use. However, I opine that it’s not a complete solution. Bangalore will drink as a much water as given and the issue will persist seeing the way city is growing Moreover, the issue is not about Tamil Nadu and Karnataka alone. Even within Karnataka, farmers frequently voice their concerns about preference is given to Bangalore over their water needs. In normal years, Karnataka gives more than 192 tmcft. The issue is in solving the drought years. We need a formula to decide on the priority, and technical advice to collect and allocate the waters among the states. Cauvery water management board is a necessity. We need to be considerate about needs of farmers of both states. Those in Tamil nadu are used to growing more crops and changing it may affect their plans. We need to see how it can be shifted to less water-intensive crops like millets or any other additional income generating activities at the same time sensitivity regarding water requirements of upper riparian needs to be explained. This needs frequent meeting and deliberations.

    President: Good, I must say you are well informed now tell me something about the issue with north east? (I waited for him to explain what he meant.) (He continued).. what are the insurgent, group etc
    Me: sir, the northeast is a culturally diverse group with each of the 7 states with multiple issues. For example, Tripura has experienced issues from illegal migrants from Bangladesh. Nagaland has demands of greater nagalim with nscnIm. Assam has discontent due to illegal Bangladesh migrants who they see as diverting their resource and changing thier demographics and it necessitated the need to create a national register of citizens. Added to it are porous borders.
    President: I see you played foot ball and hockey what about cricket? don’t you have interest in it?
    Me: No sir, I do , but at school we do not get much time as it takes a long time to complete one match but I have you watched Cricket during Wold cup fixtures and IPL
    President: who is Indian cricket team captain?
    Me: It is Virat Kohli for Test cricket and MS Dhoni for one day matches sir
    President: what about female cricket captain? Me: sir it is Miss Mittali, she also hold the record for scoring highest run scorer in women cricket.
    President: ok.( Smiling) what’s your opinion about nations not allowing teams from other countries from playing. Now football world cup is coming. We don’t know what may happen.. do you think such banning of sportsman is desirable?
    Me: sir, not only sports, I consider that even artists are not a citizen of any country. They are universal citizens and so should be the attitude with all nations. They are diplomats who can be used to spread people to people contact and elevate the relationship between countries and not cause strife.
    President: say if there is a cricket match between India and Pakistan and some young people are saying Pakistan Murdabaad and trying to block the game?
    Me: sir, I would curb the matter with force temporarily and give protection to the team as not doing may escalate the situation and give the wrong precedence.
    President: so you want to use force for such issues?
    Me: yes sir, some aspects need force and I will use.
    President: Energy is important for economy. What is the energy distribution source in India.?
    Me: sir, 70 percent is from coal, and 18 percent is from renewable. Solar, wind, hydropower and nuclear sources.

    President: what do you think is the future of Indian energy?
    Me: sir solar energy is the future. We have already planned 40 percent renewable sources by 2030. 100 gw from solar is achievable. Pavagada solar park of Karnataka shows a democratic model where barren lands were leased for 21 thousand per month rental and this led to win-win situation for both farmer and government to get 2000 mw. There are so many such barren lands in India which we can use for grid-connected solar power. The rooftop can be harnessed too.
    President: don’t you think nuclear has a role?
    Me: sir, nuclear has an immense potential keeping the amount of energy. However, I keep solar first in view of environmental issues and people protest with it. In a disaster-prone country like ours, nuclear energy may not be a safer alternative.
    President: which institute monitors nuclear energy worldwide?
    Me: International atomic energy agency sir.
    President: nowadays so many changes are there in financial system.. demonetisation, gst… Hmm. What’s your view about demonetisation? Has it been helpful?
    Me: Sir, if I consider the objective of demonetisation when it was announced, I can say it did not fulfill that. However, I believe that the process was a success when I consider the benefits it yielded, with a rise in the number of direct taxpayers, increased awareness of digital financial transactions, 3 lakh shell companies placed under radar, fake currency notes that got abolished with consequently terrorist financing, 18 lakh transaction put for verification as all money deposited are not white.
    President: so many people had difficulty with that.. what do you feel about it?
    Me: India being the second populous country with crores in agriculture and unorganised sector, we did have issues due to the suddenness of the decision and moreover a unique experiment when our economy was actually growing. I am seeing the long-term ancillary benefits it could reap. However, I would not have done it the way it was if it was me.
    President: ok. Your interview is over. Would you like to ask me anything?
    Me: No sir, Thanks for your time and have a great day sir. Saying this I left the interviewing officers room>

    Any tips for aspirants going for SSB Interview?

  • Be honest in PIQ
  • Be honest plus confident in your answers.
  • Have a sincere love towards nation
  • If you have any flaws in your personality, better to erase it off than try to cover it up with superficial answers.

  •  I feel SSB is a place for all to show their calibre. If you don’t have a good profile, its ok.
    There is nothing to worry as long as you have confidence in yourself.
  • Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    GK Questions for RIMC- RMS Compiled by www.sainikrimc.com

    Picture Perception - Model story

    RIMC December 2017 General Knowledge Solved paper