ssb interview tips

ssb coaching


One our cadets informed the IO that he is an aptitude trainer
and teaches college students.
Then our IO asked him this question , you can try if you can solved it.
to know the answer please visit
http://defence-career.blogspot.in


Puzzle
An elephant and a tiger were carrying full sacks on their backs. The elephant started complaining that his load was too heavy. The tiger said to him "Why are you complaining? If you gave me one of your sacks I'd have double what you have and if I give you one of my sacks we'd have an even amount." How many sacks were each of them carrying? Give the minimal possible answer.


Defence Academy Coimbaore
A-11, VOC Nagar
Ganapathy
Coimbatore
PIN 641006
CALL 094437 20076


Lets assume that the elephant was carrying E sacks and the tiger was carrying T sacks.
As the tiger told the elephant, "If you gave me one of your sacks I'd have double what you have."
T + 1 = 2 * (E-1)
T + 1 = 2E - 2
T = 2E - 3
The tiger also said, "If I give you one of my sacks we'd have an even amount."
T - 1 = E + 1
T = E + 2
Comparing both the equations,
2E - 3 = E + 2
E = 5
Substituting E=5 in any of above equation, we get T=7
Hence, the elephant was carrying 5 sacks and the tiger was carrying 7 sacks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GK Questions for RIMC- RMS Compiled by www.sainikrimc.com

Picture Perception - Model story

RIMC December 2017 General Knowledge Solved paper