ALL INDIA SAINIK SCHOOL ENTRANCE EXAMINATION CLASS VI- ENGLISH MODEL PAPER SET -03

Defence Academy Coimbatore A leading coaching academy for Sainik, Military and RIMC Schools, NDA, IMA, AFCAT SSB, FSB Interview http://www.ssbcoaching.com call 094437 20076

ALL INDIA SAINIK SCHOOL ENTRANCE EXAMINATION CLASS VI- ENGLISH MODEL PAPER SET -03


General English 1. The police officer told the children to tell the ........
a) true
b) facts
c) information
d) truth

2. I ....... go to see the doctor last week because I was very ill.
a) must
b) should
c) had to
d) might

3. Can anyone give me ....... please because I have just fallen over?
a) hand
b) a hand
c) the hand
d) some hand

4. I ....... her every day and she never says hello to me.
a) have seen
b) am seeing
c) will see
d) see

5. Do you ....... if I use your phone to call my brother ?
a) allow
b) worry
c) mind
d) feel

6. I’m going ....... for a few days, so don’t send me any more work.
a) off
b) out
c) over
d) away

7. You will probably agree ....... me.
a) at
b) to
c) by
d) with

Find the appropriate response from Mira in the following three questions :
8. Anil : She always goes to work on a bike. Mira : ................
a) She is very healthy
b) She must be very healthy
c) She can be very healthy
d) She might be very healthy

9. Anil : We went to Manali last summer Mira : ....................
a) I never go there too
b) I never went there.
c) I never did there
d) I’ve never been there

10. Anil : ‘I am most grateful.’ Mira : ‘.......’
a) You are welcoming
b) You welcome
c) You’re welcome
d) You are welcomed

Fill in the blank space with the correct option : 11. You must go, .......
a) mustn’t you ?
b) have you ?
c) had you ?
d) must I?

12. Words just ....... me when I try to say how happy I am.
a) fail
b) miss
c) pass
d) fool

13. The longtime servant was faithful and…….
a) honestly
b) with honesty
c) honest
d) honesty

14. What’s the ....... of India?
a) coin
b) cash
c) currency
d) money 15. So many of these animals have been shot over the years that they are now classed as ....... species.
a) dangerous
b) endangered
c) unwanted
d) limited

Pick out the word that is most similar in meaning ( Synonym) to the word given in bold capitals : 16. Earthquake is a natural CALAMITY.
a) Accident
b) Disaster
c) Occasion
d) Anniversary

17. He is organizing the cricket team with great ZEAL.
a) Pleasure
b) Energy
c) Power
d) enthusiasm

Pick out the word that is most opposite in meaning (antonym) to the word given in bold capitals : 18. My grandfather has become very FEEBLE.
a) Strong
b) Weak
c) Fat
d) Lean

19. The girl was fined for her UNRULY conduct.
a) Dirty
b) Noisy
c) Orderly
d) Disobedient

Choose a single word from the options to replace the words in underlined italics : 20. His handwriting is so BAD that it can not be read.
a) invisible
b) indistinct
c) illegible
d) eligible

21. Rani’s brother is behaving strange. He will be sent to a hospital for MAD persons. (
a) Psychiatry
b) Reformatory
c) Rehabilitation Centre
d) Asylum

Mark the right choice on the basis of the relationship shown in the first part of the question : 22. DOG is to FAITHFULNESS as FOX is to ………..
a) Cleverness
b) Intelligence
c) Cunningness
d) Dullness

23. MORNING is to DAWN as EVENING is to …………
a) Night
b) Darkness
c) Nightfall
d) Dusk

Mark the choice which gives the correct spelling : 24.
a) enimity
b) enmity
c) enemity
d) anmity

25.
a) viowel
b) viowell
c) vowel
d) vowell


For on line test and Regular Class Room coaching Please contact:
094437 20076
visit
www.ssbcoaching.com

or

www.sainikrimc.com






Answer to English Set Number 3:

Q.No.Choice and Answer
1.d) truth
2.c) had to
3.b) a hand
4.d) see
5.c) mind
6.d) away
7.d) with
8.b) She must be very healthy
9.d) I’ve never been there
10.c) You’re welcome
11.a) mustn’t you ?
12.a) fail
13.c) honest
14.c) currency
15.b) endangered
16.b) Disaster
17.d) enthusiasm
18.a) Strong
19.c) Orderly
20.c) illegible
21.d) Asylum
22.c) Cunningness
23.d) Dusk
24.c) enemity
25.c) vowel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GK Questions for RIMC- RMS Compiled by www.sainikrimc.com

Picture Perception - Model story

RIMC December 2017 General Knowledge Solved paper