My Date with the Interviewing Officer ( SSB Interview Candidates experience )

My Date with the Interviewing Officer ( SSB Interview Candidates experience )   

Dear Aspirants, 

Every one tells you how to crack the SSB Interview.

I think, I am the best person , who can tell you how not to get selected at the SSB Interview.

About me : I did some years in a local college, they pushed me out with an Engineering Degree in my hand.

I am a go lucky guy, I just wanted some job to get away from the clutches of my Dad.
So I applied for Navy Tech officer entry
( For this is the only entry where I do not have to sit for an examination or need too much of cut off mark)

One fine day I got a call to attend the Interview at BHOPAL

I have never stepped out of Coimbatore.
I never cared to learn any other language ( HINDI)
Self and a friend of mine went on the D-day to attend the Services Selection Board Interview

I am a lazy guy, so I never prepared for this so called interview

First day had a ball of a time had food in the Cadet's mess and shook hands with a lot of guys.

Next day, I followed the crowd,  Very early Breakfast

Sat for some verbal and Non verbal test

There after some crazy picture, I did not know head of tail of it. wrote something what ever one gentleman told me to do.

Then spoke about the picture, I really do not know what I spoke.

Surprise, I was SCREENED in

Four more days of Free -Paid Vacation

The first day I was called in the afternoon to face the 

Interviewing officer

Some questions that I remember:

after the formal questions, he shot off a few questions

What books do you read, tell me its author, when did you read, what did you gain?

Well, I was gifted a book called  Three mistakes of my life- authored by Chetan Bhagat just before the journey ( My girl friend presented this book )          

I told him the name of the book. and its author and told him , I learned the mistakes that Mr. Bhagat made in his life. I would not repeat the same. 

Do you read books regularly?
No sir, my girl friend pesters me to read and tell her the story, so I sort of do a book review for her.

Are you series about joining the Navy.

No Sir, I would like to carry on with our family business.

What is that, sir, we are meethies, ( ie. we make sweets at our factory and sell them to shopkeepers)

What are the types of Sweets you make at your factory?

well this was my domain area

I let off 21 name of sweets that we make in our factory.

He asked me which is the best sweet that I like


Sir, I do not Like sweets at all. So I have no choice

Which is the best seller in your factory

I answered in just one word- THIRUPATHI LADOOS

What is special about it

a) The ingredients
b) The Price
c) The Size

Can you tell me how it is made?

Sorry sir, Trade secret.

He let me off

He asked what do you share with your girl friend?

Secrets.

What secret?

Sir, I am sorry, I cannot disclose for it is SECRET.
   
What do you do on holidays?

Holidays, I go to the factory to supervise.
What, the store , accounts, and cleanliness , the packing section and the dispatch

How do you do that
Sir, I designed it for my dad, I used to see a lot of National Geography and Discovery Channel about maga structure, factories , and manufacturing industries.

We have kept Two cameras in each room
I have a master computer in fact a big monitor to see all the cameras and watch what is happening

I have a set up a computer based programme on how much stuff ( Raw material goes in and how many Kilograms of sweet manufactured) 
This details have been computerised and I set my brother-in-law to feed the details, and kept secret pass word to monitor all these

What profit do you make?
sir  as a bania, (i,e a business man) we never tell about what profit we make.
I say this honestly, we do pay income tax every year.

Why did you apply for Navy, 
To be frank with you it is my girl friend who insisted that I apply for this
In case you  get selected will you go for attending the Training.

Sure sir, I know I am not made for NAVY, but to please my girl, I will do it sir.


At the end of the FOURTH day the results were
announced , 

HELL NO!!!

It Can't be TRUE

I was Recommended.


Well folks, you all thought it was True?

No it was, just my dream.

I am happy in my factory producing sweets for DIWALI

Happy Diwali Guys.

Hope You enjoyed reading it.

Defence Academy Coimbatore thanks

Cadet Sri Hari- House Captain Hoysala House Sainik School
An aspirant for National Defence Academy  PUNE      
for this funny article  on how not to crack SSB Interview?  
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GK Questions for RIMC- RMS Compiled by www.sainikrimc.com

Picture Perception - Model story

RIMC December 2017 General Knowledge Solved paper